Equitas Incorporated in June 2007, Equitas Holdings Ltd is Chennai based financial services provider focused on individuals and micro and small enterprises (MSEs). Equitas offers services to low income groups and economically weaker individuals operating small businesses and MSEs with limited access to formal financing channels.
Equitas is one of the 10 companies that have been selected by the RBI to set up small finance banks, niche lenders aimed at helping small businesses and farmers get easier access to funding.
Equitas operates in 11 states, one union territory and the NCT of Delhi. As of June 30, 2015, Equitas had 520 branches across India.
Equitas offer a range of financial products and services including:
Equitas offers micro loans of Rs 5,000 to Rs 35,000 to its customers. Company is fifth largest microfinance company in India in terms of gross loan portfolio.
2. Vehicle Finance
Equitas offers used commercial vehicle finance to customers. Company is among a few NBFCs in India operating in the used commercial vehicle finance business.
3. Micro and Small Enterprise (MSE) Finance
Equitas provides asset backed financing primarily focused on self-employed individuals operating micro enterprises and small enterprises.
4. Housing Finance
Equitas provides micro-housing and affordable-housing loans to selfemployed individuals who have limited access to loans from banks and larger housing finance companies. A majority of its
micro-housing finance loan accounts represented cross sales to eligible higher income microfinance customers with a satisfactory track record.
Equitas Competitive Strengths:
1. Robust corporate governance standards and transparent operations leading to institutional confidence and customer goodwill
2. Comprehensive understanding and successful track record with underserved customer segment offering significant growth opportunities
3. Standardized operating procedures and efficient use of technology resulting in effective risk management and improved efficiencies
4. Diversified product offering and markets with significant cross-selling opportunities.
5. Experienced management and strong employee engagement
6. Commitment to social initiatives
»» Issue Open: Apr 5, 2016 – Apr 7, 2016
»» Issue Type: 100% Book Built Issue IPO
»» Issue Size: Equity Shares of Rs. 10
»» Issue Size: Rs. 2,175.00 Crore
»» Face Value: Rs. 10 Per Equity Share
»» Issue Price: Rs. 109 – Rs. 110 Per Equity Share
»» Market Lot: 135 Shares
»» Minimum Order Quantity: 135 Shares
»» Listing At: BSE, NSE