A Short and Simple Rational Investing Quotes Form World’s Most Successful Investor Warren Buffett
- When we own portions of outstanding businesses with outstanding Managements, our favorite holding period is forever.
- Do not take yearly results too seriously. Instead, focus on four-or five-year averages.
- If you feel that you can dance in and out of securities in a way that defeats the inflation tax, I would like to be your broker—but not your partner.
- If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians.
- Market forecasters will fill your ear but never fill your wallet.
- Draw a circle around the businesses you understand and then eliminate those that fail to qualify on the basis of value, good management, and limited exposure to hard times.
- I read annual reports of the company I’m looking at, and I read the annual reports of the competitors—that is the main source of material.
- Problems in a company are like cockroaches in the kitchen. “You will never find just one.”
- If you are in a poker game and after 20 minutes you don’t know who the patsy is, then you’re the patsy.
(Source : My Warren Buffett Bible By Robert L. Bloch, Ebook ISBN: 978-1-63450-994-7)