Bandhan Bank Limited was incorporated on 23rd December 2014 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bandhan Financial Holdings Limited. Bandhan received the in-principle approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for setting up a universal bank in April 2014; the banking regulator gave its final nod in June 2015. Bandhan Bank Limited is Kolkata, West Bengal based commercial bank focused on micro banking and general banking services. Bandhan Bank has a license to provide banking services pan-India across customer segments. Bank offer a variety of asset and liability products and services designed for micro banking and general banking, as well as other banking products and services to generate non-interest income.
The RBI licensing norms stipulate that a new bank must have an Rs 500 crore capital. Bandhan Bank started with a capital base of Rs 2,570 crore and this has been raised to Rs 4,446 crore as on March 31, 2017.This translates into more than 26.34% capital to risk weighted assets ratio or CAR for the new bank, signifying its robustness.
With the a network of 2,546 doorstep service centers (DSCs) and 9.47 million micro loan customers, the bank has strong very hold in microfinance. Bandhan bank has 864 bank branches and 386 ATMs serving over 1.87 million general banking customers. Banks distribution network is strong in East and Northeast India, with West Bengal, Assam and Bihar.
Bandhan Bank Products:
1. Retail loans including micro loans, SME loans and small enterprise loans
2. Savings accounts, current accounts and a variety of fixed deposit accounts
3. Other banking products and services including debit cards, internet banking, mobile banking, EDC-POS terminals, online bill payment services and the distribution of third-party general insurance products and mutual fund products.
Bandhan Bank Strengths:
1. Operating Model Focused on Serving Under banked and Underpenetrated Markets (microfinance)
2. Consistent Track Record of Growing a Quality Asset and Liability Franchise
3. Extensive, Low Cost Distribution Network
4. Provide accessible, simple, cost-effective and innovative financial solutions
5. Robust Capital Base
6. Maintaining focus on micro lending while expanding further into other retail and SME lending
On performance front, BBL has reported total income/net profits of Rs. 7.95 cr. / Rs. 0.60 cr. (FY15), Rs. 1731.25 cr. / Rs. 275.25 cr. (FY16) and Rs. 4320.12 cr. / Rs. 1111.95 cr. (FY17). For first nine months of the current fiscal ended on 31.12.17 it has earned net profit of Rs. 957.70 on total income of Rs. 3954.51 cr.
»» Issue Open: Mar 15, 2018 – Mar 19, 2018
»» Issue Type: Book Built Issue IPO
»» Issue Size: 119,280,494 Equity Shares of Rs 10 aggregating up to Rs 4,473.02 Cr
› Fresh Issue of 97,663,910 Equity Shares of Rs 10 aggregating up to Rs [.] Cr
› Offer for Sale of 21,616,584 Equity Shares of Rs 10 aggregating up to Rs [.] Cr
»» Face Value: Rs 10 Per Equity Share
»» Issue Price: Rs 370 – Rs 375 Per Equity Share
»» Market Lot: 40 Shares
»» Minimum Order Quantity: 40 Shares
»» Listing At: BSE, NSE